Friday, May 16, 2008

Taking the plunge

So, at the behest of a friend I've decided to finally join the blogesphere and start posting some random musings about random topics. A blog is really just an online journal that everyone can read so I guess this is a chance to share thoughts opinions or just how convoluted my thought process can be sometimes. I've never really thought that I had anything interesting to write and yet in any given conversation I find I wind up having opinions on a variety of topics that I may or may not even care about. Sounds like a good enough reason to start a blog to me. So this may end up being the most boring thing ever and if so it's probably more about me having an outlet than it is about stirring up provocative discussion and I'm ok with that. Incidentally I find it ironic that the word "blogesphere" came up as a misspelled word even though this is a blog-site. You would think someone could add it to the official lexicon even if it isn't in Webster's quite yet. More to come soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It may come up as a mis-spelling cause Blogosphere is usually spelled with two "o"s.

:)

Dodgebob's Blog said...

Thanks for the spelling correction Scott. My blog has only been up for a matter of hours and I'm already getting criticism. Blogosphere gets a red squiggly line under too for the record. Ha!

Anonymous said...

Here's a great post by Abe Piper to help with knowing what/how to blog. Great stuff.

Scott

http://theologica.blogspot.com/2008/04/
12-ways-to-improve-your-blog-by-serving.html

John Harley said...

Dayton, Andrea, Jack and Douglas-

It's good to hear from you again and it will be a pleasure to read your blog I'm sure. I'll link to it from mine so you can get all 3 readers that I have.

Happy blogging and I hope you are all well.

Johnny

Unknown said...

welcome aboard mon. Its alright to blog.

Phil said...

Having a blog gives everyone a chance to take a shot at you. Take my advice, write as if everything you say is right and awesome and then everyone will agree. I'm proof positive!